Cataract Academy Course – Phase 2: Simulation
- Make the student humble
- Understand what they don’t know
- Motivation to learn with simulation
- Patient outside the learning loop
- Understand the journey
- Progressive journey
- How to improve?
- 67% outside the OR
- Limits of the AC and capsular bag
- 2 hands + 2 feet
- Where the magic happens
- Pivot through the incision.
- Phaco algorithm
- “CCC evolution” learning in a different situation.
- Phaco Mind Lab
- Mental readiness Automation
10 days of simulation to understand:
- That 67% of phaco it´s outside the OR
- Feedback in a “non-stress environment”
- Learning by doing mistakes
- Understanding mistakes
- Acquire the ability to be comfortable in the Good Qualification in Abstract Tasks
- Pass all the phaco steps with qualification better that 75%.
“The only thing you have to compete with it’s your older you”